Easysoft Data Access
Why do I get error "The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"?
You will get this error if you attempt to do the following on a 64-bit Windows machine:
- Connect a 64-bit application to a data source for a 32-bit ODBC driver.
- Connect a 32-bit application to a data source for a 64-bit ODBC driver.
If you are using a 64-bit application, it will be linked against the 64-bit version of the Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager, which can only load a 64-bit ODBC driver. You can only connect to data sources for ODBC drivers that are listed in the 64-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator (accessible from Administrative tools in Control Panel).
Similarly, if you are using a 32-bit application, it will be linked against the 32-bit version of the Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager, which can only load a 32-bit ODBC driver. You can only connect to data sources for ODBC drivers that are listed in the 32-bit ODBC Data Source Administrator (accessible by running
%windir%\syswow64\odbcad32.exe in the Windows Run dialog box).
If an ODBC driver is listed in both versions of the ODBC Data Source Administrator, both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version of that driver are installed.
If you are unable to get the required ODBC driver for your application’s architecture, you can use the ODBC-ODBC Bridge to:
- Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-DB2 Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Derby Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MongoDB Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Google Analytics Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MySQL Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-QuickBooks Desktop Driver
Knowledge Base Feedback