Unix and Linux SQL Server ODBC Drivers from Easysoft
Easysoft provide two SQL Server ODBC drivers for Unix and Linux platforms: the Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server Driver and the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge.
||When to use
|Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server Driver
- You want a client-only SQL Server ODBC driver for Linux and Unix platforms.
- You do not need ODBC access to other databases from a single product.
|Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
- You want a single product that provides ODBC access to SQL Server and other ODBC databases.
The Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge is a client/server product that connects applications to any database for which an ODBC driver is available by using the database’s ODBC driver. For SQL Server, the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge server component uses the Microsoft SQL Server ODBC driver to connect to the database and is installed on any machine where the ODBC driver is installed.
- You want to access SQL Server from multiple client machines, in which case the Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge is a more cost effective solution.
- You need ODBC access to SQL Server from platforms on which the Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server Driver is not currently available.