Fri, 10 July 2019
Copy Data from Salesforce to SQL Server with Spectral Core
Spectral Core provide database conversion, comparison and replication tools. This tutorial shows how to use the Spectral Core Full Convert application to copy data from Salesforce to SQL server by using the Easysoft Salesforce ODBC driver.
To get started:
- Install and license the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver on the machine where Spectral Core is installed.
Before you can use the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver to connect your application to Salesforce.com, you need to configure an ODBC data source. An ODBC data source stores the connection details for the target database (e.g. Salesforce.com) and the ODBC driver that is required to connect to it (e.g. the Salesforce.com ODBC driver).
To run ODBC Administrator (which you use to create a data source), in the Windows Run dialog box, type this command:
To create a Salesforce.com ODBC Driver data source:
- In ODBC Administrator, choose the System DSN tab, and then choose Add.
- In the Create New Data Source dialog box, choose Easysoft Salesforce ODBC Driver, and then choose Finish.
- Complete the Easysoft Salesforce ODBC Driver DSN Setup dialog box:
Setting Value DSN EasysoftSalesforce User Name The name of your Salesforce.com user. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org. Password The password for your Salesforce.com user. Token The security token for your Salesforce.com user, if required.
To find out whether you need to supply a security token, choose the Test button. If the connection attempt fails with an error which contains
LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN, you need to supply one.
Salesforce.com emails the security token to the email address associated with your Salesforce.com user account. If you have not received a security token, you can regenerate it. Salesforce.com will then email the new security token to you. To regenerate your security token, log in to Salesforce.com and then choose Setup from the user menu. Search for "security token" in the Quick Find box. Click Reset Security Token in the Reset Security Token page. When you receive the token in your email client, copy it and then paste it into the Token field.
Custom Null Click to clear this setting.
- Use the Test button to verify that you can successfully connect to Salesforce.com.
Spectral Core Full Convert
- Start Full Convert (64-bit).
- In the Project section, choose New database copy project.
- In the Source database list, choose ODBC.
- Choose Existing Connection and then choose your Salesforce ODBC driver data source from the DSN list.
- Choose the Next button.
- Choose SQL Server from the Target Database list.
- Choose your instance, authentication method, database name, connection protocol and port.
- Choose the Next button.
- Choose the Finish button.
- In the Project Tables list choose the Salesforce tables you want to copy.
- Choose the Copy your database button.
- Choose the Browse Target button to examine the Salesforce data in SQL Server.