InterBase ODBC Driver
If you're looking for a great ODBC driver for the freely available Interbase RDBMS? Then look no further. Our fast and highly stable InterBase ODBC driver lets your ODBC-enabled applications access local or remote InterBase databases. Supporting all popular versions of InterBase (6, 7, 2009 and 10) from Windows, Linux and Unix platforms.
ODBC Driver for InterBase 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 2009 and 10 (XE)
The Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver lets ODBC-enabled applications access local or remote InterBase 6, 6.5, 7, 7.5, 2009 and 10 (XE) databases from Windows, Linux and major Unix platforms.
The Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver is compatible with the Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager and unixODBC, the open source ODBC Driver Manager, which is included with the distribution on non-Windows platforms. The ODBC-InterBase Driver installation can automatically install the driver into unixODBC, making the ODBC-InterBase Driver immediately available to your ODBC applications. The unixODBC project is currently led by Easysoft developer Nick Gorham and we have many years of experience in supporting and testing our drivers with unixODBC.
Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver data sources can be configured to support a wide range of InterBase features. Supported features include:
- All InterBase data types.
- Direct access to the InterBase catalog.
- Full size metadata names.
- SQL dialects.
- Stored procedures.
The Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver supports both types of InterBase stored procedure:
- Select procedures, which return a result set.
- Executable procedures, which optionally return values in output parameters.
Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver configuration settings allow the driver to use the appropriate InterBase method for calling Select or Executable procedures while enabling an application to call either type of procedure by using the standard ODBC escape sequence. The ODBC-InterBase Driver therefore allows ODBC-enabled applications to use the expected mechanism for calling procedures, guaranteeing compatibility and providing independence from feature implementation proprietary to InterBase.
The Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver also supports applications that call procedures by using the InterBase syntax rather than the ODBC escape sequence.
In addition, the Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver:
- Conforms to the ODBC 3.5 specification and so provides the expected functionality for ODBC 3 applications such as ADO. The Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver will also work with older ODBC applications. Supported applications include ApplixWare, OpenOffice.org, StarOffice, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access. Supported interfaces include Perl DBI and DBD::ODBC, Python mxODBC and pyodbc and PHP.
- Provides both ANSI and Unicode access to InterBase databases, converting from the internal UTF8 storage format used by the InterBase server. Default character sets may be configured and all conversions are done transparently and automatically. ANSI only applications such as Microsoft Query will only "see" 8 Bit ANSI data, while Unicode applications such as Microsoft Access are provided with direct access to 16 Bit Unicode data.
- Can be configured to:
- Include or exclude schema information from metadata information for applications which would use the schema names in SQL where they will not be accepted.
- Wait for the active transaction to complete before executing another transaction or report update conflicts. This mechanism lets you choose how the Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver behaves when conflicting updates from concurrent applications are detected.
- Support the InterBase 6 metadata precision.
- Handle the different quoting schemes in different dialects.
- Provide read-only access to a database—no updates, inserts or deletes. The default is full insert/update/delete support.
- Override the default character set in use.
- Automatically perform commits on selects calling procedures which perform updates.
- Use different transaction isolation methods.
- Provide null schema workarounds for applications that treat an empty string as an invalid schema name.
- Control numeric precision information.
- Control the method used to convert between UNICODE and ANSI data.
- Supports older (pre InterBase 6.0) databases. Due to changes in the metadata storage for pre InterBase 6.0 databases, at run time the Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver will detect the version of InterBase being used and transparently adjust its operation to match the available data. In cases where the detection fails (for instance with partially upgraded databases) the version may be manually configured.
The Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver is currently available on these platforms:
|v4.5 (Interbase 6 - 7, 2009, XE (Unicode))||Windows (x86) (32 - Bit)||(2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7)|
|v4.5 (Interbase 6 - 7, 2009, XE (Unicode))||Windows (x86) (64 - Bit)||(Vista, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 7)|
|v4.3 (Interbase 6 - 7, 2009 (Unicode))||Linux (x86) (32 - Bit)||(kernel 2.2-2.6, glibc 2.1+)|
|v4.3 (Interbase 6 - 7, 2009 (Unicode))||Solaris (Sparc) (32 - Bit)||(2.6-2.10)|