The Easysoft XML-ODBC Server allows client applications to access databases for which you have an ODBC driver by using XML requests over TCP/IP. Supported databases include Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Access, Oracle, InterBase and IBM DB2.
The Easysoft XML-ODBC Server listens on a port for XML requests from clients which specify an ODBC data source to connect to, the username and password for the target database and the SQL to execute. If the SQL generates a result set, it is also returned to the client in XML.
Client applications can be developed in any language and for any device with TCP/IP support, including PDAs and other wireless systems.
The Easysoft XML-ODBC Server is a multithreaded, high performance service available on Windows, Linux and major Unix platforms. In addition, the Easysoft XML-ODBC Server:
- Is compatible with ODBC 2–3.51 drivers.
- Is compatible with unixODBC, the open source ODBC Driver Manager, which is included with the distribution on non-Windows platforms.
- Does not require additional client software. TCP/IP networking and a small amount of socket code in any language are all that is required.
- Does not have to be installed on the database server. The target database can be hosted on the same server as the Easysoft XML-ODBC Server or on any remote platform accessible with ODBC.
- Lets you update, insert or query local and remote ODBC data sources by using simple XML requests.
- Supports multiple XML output formats that let you choose the format of XML result sets. For example, XML result sets formatted with the TableTags format are suitable for importing into Microsoft Office applications.
- Lets you output column data as either CDATA or PCDATA.
- Lets you format XML output by associating a style sheet with the output.
- Includes sample code, working objects, classes and modules for C, Perl, PHP, Python, Java and Visual Basic.
- Includes sample SAX based parsing of XML output in PHP and Perl and an example XSLT application for Perl that shows how to transform XML output to HTML.
- Supports any SQL that is valid for the target ODBC database engine, including transaction and stored procedure support.
- Accepts requests containing multiple SQL statements, enabling a series of updates, inserts or deletes to be executed as part of a single transaction.
- Provides full Unicode UTF-16 support for Unicode data sources. This ensures data is accurately output as UTF-8 in the result set.
- Is compatible with Zebedee and other TCP/IP encryption solutions.
- Supports access control lists that let you protect access to the Easysoft XML-ODBC Server.
- Lets you configure the Easysoft XML-ODBC Server remotely by sending configuration requests from a client application to a control port.
- Supports access control lists that let you protect access to the control port.
The Easysoft XML-ODBC Server is currently available on these platforms:
|v1.1||FreeBSD (x86) (32 - Bit)||(4.2)|
|v1.1||Linux (x86) (32 - Bit)||(kernel 2.2-2.4, glibc 2.1.x)|
|v1.1||Windows (x86) (32 - Bit)||(NT4, 2000, XP, 2003)|