Firebird ODBC Driver
Need a robust connection to Firebird using ODBC?
This powerful and lightweight Firebird ODBC driver provides superior performance. It supports Firebird 1.0–1.5.x and 2.1 databases from Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris platforms.
In the unlikely event that you need help with the installation of this driver then our support team is on hand to assist you.
ODBC driver for Firebird 1.0–1.5 and 2.1
The Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver lets ODBC-enabled applications access Firebird 1.0–1.5.x and 2.1 from Linux, Windows, Mac OS X and Solaris platforms.
The Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver is compatible with the Microsoft ODBC Driver Manager and unixODBC, the open source ODBC Driver Manager, which is included with the distribution on non-Windows platforms. The ODBC-Firebird Driver installation can automatically install the driver into unixODBC, making the ODBC-Firebird Driver immediately available to your ODBC applications. The unixODBC project is currently led by Easysoft developer Nick Gorham and we have many years of experience in supporting and testing our drivers with unixODBC.
In addition, the Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver:
- Conforms to the ODBC 3.5 specification and so provides the expected functionality for ODBC 3 applications such as ADO. The Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver will also work with older ODBC applications.
- Provides direct access to all the Firebird catalog tables. This information is also available with standard ODBC calls such as SQLTables and SQLColumns.
- Supports Firebird roles. You can specify a role either as part of the DSN setup details or as an option to SQLDriverConnect.
- Provides both ANSI and Unicode access to Firebird databases, converting from the internal UTF8 storage format used by the Firebird server. Default character sets may be configured and all conversions are done transparently and automatically. ANSI only applications such as Microsoft Query will only "see" 8 Bit ANSI data, while Unicode applications such as Microsoft Access are provided with direct access to 16 Bit Unicode data.
- Maps ODBC transaction requirements to the provided Firebird model transparently and efficiently. There is also provision to choose between "wait" and "no wait" behaviour on detection of lock conflicts.
- Fully supports Firebird stored procedures and provides mapping from the ODBC call methods to the native Firebird calls. Provision is made for both the "SELECT" and "EXEC PROCEDURE" calling methods and the driver will pick the correct translation. A manual override on this selection is provided for unusual procedures
The Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver is currently available on these platforms:
|v1.5 (Firebird 1.5 - 2.1)||Windows (x86) (32 - Bit)||(2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7)|
|v1.5 (Firebird 1.5 - 2.1)||Windows (x86) (64 - Bit)||(Vista, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 7)|
|v1.3 (Firebird 1.5 - 2.1)||Linux (x86) (32 - Bit)||(kernel 2.2-2.6, glibc 2.1+)|
|v1.3 (Firebird 1.5 - 2.1)||Solaris (Sparc) (32 - Bit)||(2.6-2.9)|
|v1.0 (Firebird 1.5)||Mac OS X (PPC) (32 - Bit)||(10.3.5-10.4)|