JDBC-ODBC Bridge Driver for Windows, Linux and Unix
The Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge (JOB) provides zero installation JDBC access from any Java platform to remote ODBC data sources on Windows, Linux and Unix platforms.
You can connect to Microsoft Access, Microsoft Navision, Microsoft SQL Server or any other database for which you have an ODBC driver. Client access can be from JSP pages, Java applets, applications, servlets or application servers.
Unlike the Sun Microsystems Bridge, JOB is a Type 3, client/server solution, allowing Java applications and ODBC drivers to be on separate machines. To a JDBC aware application, the JOB client is a JDBC 2.1 (1.2 fully backward compatible) driver which provides access to the expected methods. To a target ODBC driver, the JOB server is an application which makes ODBC conformant calls.
In addition, JOB:
- Is J2SE compliant, as certified by Sun Microsystems.
- Supports core JDBC 2 methods in addition to all JDBC 1.22 methods.
- Lets you set and retrieve Unicode data with the
- Supports a wide range of development environments with which to develop your data aware Java application, including Borland JBuilder, Sun Forte, BEA WebLogic, Macromedia ColdFusion MX, BulletProof JDesignerPro and Apache Ant/Apache Tomcat.
- Provides JDBC access to ODBC data sources set up under the unixODBC Driver Manager, on non-Windows platforms.
- Ships with a simple, integral HTTP server to provide web based remote monitoring and configuration of the JOB server. The
easysoft.sql.jobDriver package can be served by this web server alongside applet code to achieve zero installation solutions.
- Provides outstanding performance as demonstrated by JBench test results.
- Supports multiple concurrent statements even when the ODBC driver does not.
- Handles multiple concurrent database connections.
The server component of the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge is currently available on these platforms:
|Version ||Platform ||Distribution|
|v1.6 (JDBC 2) ||Windows (x86) (32 - Bit) ||(NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7)|
|v1.4 (JDBC 2) ||HP-UX (Itanium i64) (32 - Bit) ||(11i)|
|v1.4 (JDBC 2) ||Solaris (Sparc) (32 - Bit) ||(2.6-2.10)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||AIX (PPC) (32 - Bit) ||(4.3-5.3)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||AIX (PPC) (32 - Bit) ||(4.1)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||HP-UX (PA-Risc) (32 - Bit) ||(10.10-11)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||Linux (x86) (32 - Bit) ||(kernel 2.2-2.6, glibc 2.1+)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||SCO Open Server (x86) (32 - Bit) ||(5)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||SCO Unixware (x86) (32 - Bit) ||(7.0)|
|v1.3 (JDBC 2) ||Solaris (x86) (32 - Bit) ||(2.8)|
Download JDBC-ODBC Bridge.