Salesforce ODBC Driver
Version 2.0 of the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver now includes two drivers: one which supports SQL and one which supports SOQL, Salesforce's native query language.
Which Driver Should I Use?
Both drivers enable you to connect 64-bit and 32-bit applications such as SQL Server, Microsoft Office, Oracle, OpenOffice, SAS and SAP to Salesforce.com. They provide real-time access, no data extraction is required. Both drivers are kept up to date with Salesforce's recommended Transport Layer Security (TLS) version and this will always be the case.
The SOQL-based driver:
- Enables you to leverage existing SOQL knowledge and extends the number of applications that you can use SOQL from.
- Has a slim, lightweight architecture, and is our fastest Salesforce.com solution, delivering your Salesforce data quicker and reducing Salesforce API consumption.
- Is the most efficient way to join Salesforce.com tables.
- Supports bulk operations. You can commit multiple INSERTs / UPDATEs / DELETES in one batch, again, greatly reducing Salesforce API usage (which is subject to daily limits).
The SQL-based driver, which prior to version 2.0, was our sole Salesforce.com offering:
- Enables you to leverage existing SQL experience and resources. For example, you may have a number of T-SQL or Oracle SQL scripts, which the SQL-based driver will let you reuse for Salesforce.com.
- Lets you take advantage of SQL extensions not available in SOQL. For example, SQL functions.
- Caches Salesforce data locally and lets you alter the preferred batch size for queries, which alters the number of Salesforce API calls it makes. Both mechanisms are transparent to the application and help offset the inevitable overhead associated with translating from SQL to SOQL.
- Supports applications which don't allow you to issue passthrough SQL.
- Enables you to join Salesforce tables that don't have a relationship defined for them in Salesforce.com. For example, if a there is no built-in relationship for tables you want to join, you could use the SQL-based driver to create a join without the additional step of defining the Salesforce relationship yourself.
In situations where there is no clear cut case to use one driver or the other, we recommend that you try both drivers and decide which is best for you based on your own criteria.
Our dual driver approach means you have clarity about how the driver works with Salesforce data. The SQL-based driver converts SQL to SOQL. The SOQL-based driver passes SOQL straight through to Salesforce.com. You, not the driver, control which method is used.
Existing customers can upgrade to version 2.0 and try a parallel or replacement SOQL-based approach. If you are a supported customer, this is a free upgrade, so you have nothing to lose by evaluating the new driver.
For information about how to use the SQL- or SOQL- based driver with a number of popular applications, see the Tutorials section.
With the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver by Easysoft Limited you can:
- Manage your Salesforce data in real time
- Download data to an ODBC compliant application (any Microsoft Office application or OpenOffice for example)
- Query Salesforce.com using SQL or SOQL
- Or simply make an archive of all of your Salesforce data
Salesforce.com has quickly become one of the fastest growing CRM systems ever, and with this new wave of cloud based systems comes a whole new way of supporting users to get to the data that they need quickly and effectively.
Easysoft's Salesforce.com ODBC Driver is a super-fast way for businesses to effortlessly get to their Salesforce.com data with their ODBC-enabled application.
The driver distribution includes two drivers, one which supports SQL and one which SOQL. If you want to use the SQL-based driver, you define an ODBC data source for that driver. If you want to use the SOQL-based driver, you define an ODBC data source for that driver. If you want to choose between a SQL-based and a SOQL-based solution, define a data source for each driver.
Easysoft's Salesforce.com ODBC driver enables you to give your Business Intelligence tools, dashboards or data warehouse fast, direct, real time access to your Salesforce data, enabling you to gain deeper insight into this data and help leverage competitive advantage.
Our Salesforce.com ODBC Driver has been developed to allow users with ODBC-enabled applications to get their data quickly and easily into and out of Salesforce.com.
For ease, it has been developed to be a 100% native driver, and therefore it has no additional requirements (no dependency on Java for example).
It will work with any ODBC application including Microsoft Office (MS Access, MS Excel etc) as well as OpenOffice applications, Crystal Reports, Cognos BI, Oracle, SQL Server and many others.
The Salesforce.com ODBC Driver is designed to allow easy integration, reporting and archiving.
Typical functions include:
- The use of SOQL and/or SQL to select and modify objects in Salesforce.com.
- Run reports that join local tables with Salesforce.com.
- The ability to write complex stored procedures for two-way integration from the ODBC-enabled application to Salesforce.com.
- Make an archive of Salesforce.com data.
- Creation of new datasets with data from Salesforce.com and other compatible data sources.
Benefits of using the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver:
- Use any ODBC compliant 32-bit or 64-bit application to gain insight into your business.
- Potentially lower support costs if your developers already use ODBC.
- Establish a secure connection to your Salesforce.com data.
- Provides the ability to define company specific reports based on real-time data.
- Improved Business decision making from real time access to your Salesforce data.
- Convenience of Server or Desktop licensing.
As our Driver needs to use the Salesforce SOAP API, you need to have access to the Enterprise Edition, Performance Edition, Unlimited Edition or Developer Edition of Salesforce. Some Professional Edition organisations may also have the API enabled. If you need to upgrade your version of Salesforce then please contact your Salesforce account representative.
Your License Needs
For server side applications and web servers running on Unix. Linux or Windows, we offer a permanent machine based license.
Desktop License (Annual Subscription)
For Windows desktop operating systems and desktop applications such as Excel, Access, Word etc., we offer an annual subscription license.
Connect SQL Server to Salesforce via ODBC)
Passing data between Salesforce and SQL Server
Salesforce ODBC Driver (SQL Version):
- Alpha Anywhere
- Extreme Translator
- Logi INFO
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE)
- Power BI
- SAP BusinessObjects
- SAP Crystal Reports
- SAS JMP
- SQL Server
- SQL Server Performance Tips
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- TIBCO Spotfire
Salesforce ODBC Driver (SOQL Version):
The Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver is currently available on these platforms:
|v2.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Windows (x86) (32 - Bit, 64 - Bit)||(7, 8, 2012 R2, 10, 2016)|
|v1.1 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Linux (ARMv71) (32 - Bit)||(Raspberry Pi, kernel 4.9.41-v7+, glibc 2.24+)|
|v1.1 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Linux (x86) (64 - Bit)||(kernel 2.6-4.0+, glibc 2.3.5+)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||AIX (PPC) (32 - Bit)||(4.3-7.2)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||AIX (PPC) (64 - Bit)||(5.0-7.2)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||HP-UX (Itanium i64) (32 - Bit)||(11i)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||HP-UX (Itanium i64) (64 - Bit)||(11i)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Linux (Itanium i64) (64 - Bit)||(kernel 2.4-3.0+, glibc 2.2.5)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Linux (x86) (32 - Bit)||(kernel 2.2-3.0+, glibc 2.1+)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Solaris (Sparc) (32 - Bit)||(2.6-2.11)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Solaris (Sparc) (64 - Bit)||(2.8-2.11)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Solaris (x86) (32 - Bit)||(2.8-2.11)|
|v1.0 (Salesforce.com, Force.com, Database.com)||Solaris (x86) (64 - Bit)||(2.8-2.11)|
HP Integrity Ready
The Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver for HP-UX and Linux Itanium was built and tested on HP Integrity Servers, which offer maximum hardware potential, reduced costs and unsurpassable performance.