The ODBC-JDBC Gateway provides ODBC access from applications such as MS Access, MS Excel, Delphi and C++ etc to Java databases.
It is a fully functional ODBC 3.5 driver that allows you to access any JDBC data source from any ODBC-compatible application.
All leading Java databases are supported, including Apache Derby, Apache Hive, Cloudscape, FirstSQL, hsqldb, HSQL (Hypersonic SQL), Java DB, JDataStore, Mckoi, MetaMatrix, OpenBase and PointBase.
ODBC-JDBC Gateway Driver for Windows, Solaris and Linux
The Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway lets ODBC-enabled applications and programming languages such as Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Delphi and C++ access Java databases. Supported Java databases include:
- Apache Derby
- Apache Hadoop Hive
- Borland JDataStore
- HSQL (Hypersonic SQL)
- IBM Cloudscape
- Sun Java DB
In addition to the JDBC drivers for these databases, the Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway is also compatible with any compliant JDBC driver. For example:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC
- Sybase iAnywhere JDBC Driver
- IBM JDBC driver for VSAM (included with VSE Connector Client)
The Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway is available on Linux, Unix and Windows platforms.
The Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway is an ODBC driver that provides ODBC access to JDBC data sources. To an ODBC-enabled application, it is an ODBC 3.5 driver (exposing most of the ODBC 3.0 API) providing access to all the expected API calls and features. To a target JDBC driver, it appears to be a Java application making JDBC conformant calls. The JDBC driver is unaware that ODBC is involved.
The Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway is written entirely in C, it therefore introduces little or no performance overhead other than that associated with the target JDBC driver. It uses the JNI (Java Native Interface) to load JDBC Driver classes and to call JDBC methods in the loaded JDBC drivers.
In addition, the Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway:
- Complies with the JDBC 1, 2 and 3 specifications.
- Is compatible with the JDK 1.3.x, 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x (Sun Microsystems and IBM JVMs).
- Works with all JDBC Driver types (1–4).
- Transparently hides certain known problems in the JVM implementation of the JNI.
- Enables Unicode-ready applications such as Microsoft Access to display and modify Unicode data stored in JDBC databases.
- Allows XA Transaction Managers to enlist database resources in a distributed transaction by using XA-compliant JDBC drivers.
The Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway is currently available on these platforms:
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||AIX (PPC) (32 - Bit)||(4.3-7.1)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||AIX (PPC) (64 - Bit)||(5.0-7.1)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||Linux (x86) (32 - Bit)||(kernel 2.2-3.0+, glibc 2.1+)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||Linux (x86) (64 - Bit)||(kernel 2.6-3.0+, glibc 2.3.5)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||Solaris (Sparc) (32 - Bit)||(2.6-2.11)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||Solaris (Sparc) (64 - Bit)||(2.8-2.11)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||Windows (x86) (32 - Bit)||(2000, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, 7, 8)|
|v2.4 (JVM (v1.3 - v1.7))||Windows (x86) (64 - Bit)||(Vista, 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 7, 8)|