Easysoft Data Access
Why do not my PHP scripts appear to run on the web server?
Your first port of call should probably be the various PHP or Apache (or whatever web server you are using) news groups, mailing lists and FAQs. However, here are a few pointers specific to Apache/PHP.
- Did you build Apache with PHP?
- Make sure Apache knows what to do with a PHP script. You need to tell Apache in the httpd.conf (or one of the other config files) that files with the extension php3 or phtml should be passed to PHP. You do this with lines like this:
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .phtml
These tell Apache to pass files ending in .php3 and .phtml to PHP for processing.
- Check you can run a simple PHP script. Create a file called test.php3 in the htdocs directory of your web server containing:
You should see PHP info below:
Then use the URL http://my_web_server/test.php3 (replace my_webserver with the appropriate machine name and domain) from your browser to see if you get a page of PHP information back. If you don't something far more serious is wrong with your Apache/PHP configuration than not being able to make ODBC connections from PHP through an Easysoft ODBC driver.
If all the above OK you might try:
- Examine your Apache error log. This file is named in your Apache configuration file(s) (e.g. httpd.conf) with the "ErrorLog" setting.
- Make sure you followed the PHP INSTALL file and copied the sample php ini file (php3.ini-dist) to the correct place. Some options in this file can prove useful for debugging:
- "track_errors = On" stores the last error in the php_errormsg variable.
- "error_reporting = 7" outputs Normal errors, Normal warnings, Parser errors.
- "error_log = filename" defines the file errors/warnings will be sent to.
If PHP appears to be working but you do not get data back through your Easysoft ODBC driver then see the sections on turning on logging in the relevant Easysoft product documentation.
- Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Sybase Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ISAM Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Access Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-DB2 Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Derby Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MongoDB Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Google Analytics Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MySQL Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-QuickBooks Desktop Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-PostgreSQL Driver
Knowledge Base Feedback