Easysoft Data Access
Why can't I connect to the License Daemon?
When running the Windows License Manager or the UNIX licshell and using the automatic/online method to obtain a license, the program attempts to make a TCP/IP connection to license.easysoft.com (188.8.131.52) on port 8884. There are various reasons this may not succeed:
- You are not connected to the Internet. Use the off line method for obtaining a license.
- The Easysoft License daemon is not running. The message you will receive will be something like "connection refused". The license daemon on our server should be running 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. However, there may be occasions where we experience a problem with the license daemon in which case please let us know and use an alternative method of obtaining a license.
- You are unable to connect to our license server (perhaps you will see a message like "no route to host". The server machine running the license daemon runs 24 hours a day and 365 days a year. However, there may be short periods where this machine is down for maintenance or circumstances beyond our control. Please let us know and use an alternative method of obtaining a license.
- Your machine is behind a firewall that does not allow outgoing connections to port 8884. If this is the case you need to either ask your system administrator to temporarily open up this route or use an alternative method to obtain a license.
- You received some other error message. Please let us know what you were doing and what messages were output and we will resolve this problem as soon as we can. In any case, licenses may be supplied and obtained via other methods.
- Easysoft ODBC-Oracle Driver
- Easysoft dbExpress-ODBC Gateway
- Easysoft ODBC-InterBase Driver
- Easysoft XML-ODBC Server
- Easysoft ODBC-JDBC Gateway
- Easysoft ODBC-Sybase Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge
- Easysoft ODBC-Firebird Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-LINC Developer Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ISAM Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Zortec System Z Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-ODBC Join Engine
- Easysoft ODBC-SQL Server Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Access Driver
- Easysoft JDBC-Access Gateway
- Easysoft ODBC-DB2 Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Derby Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MongoDB Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-Google Analytics Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-MySQL Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-QuickBooks Desktop Driver
- Easysoft ODBC-PostgreSQL Driver
Knowledge Base Feedback