Using BEA WebLogic with the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge to Access ODBC Data Sources
The Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge allows WebLogic applications to access any ODBC data source as if it were a JDBC data source. The solution provides Unicode support and is fully compatible with WebLogic connection pooling.
These instructions assume that you have installed the server component of the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge and completed the Getting Started guide, successfully accessing an ODBC data source which you can now reference in your WebLogic configuration.
To configure the WebLogic
examplesServer server to work with the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge:
EJOB.jar(specifying the full path name) to the classpath environment variable in the WebLogic server startup script
within your installation directory.
- Restart the server by running the file you have just updated:
- Run the WebLogic Administration Console from a browser, using a statement of the form:
You will need to substitute
serverwith the name of the machine on which you have installed WebLogic.
7001is the default port number for accessing the WebLogic server, which may be different, depending on the options you chose during installation.
- Enter your WebLogic password, if required, and click Sign In to display the WebLogic Administration Console menu page.
- Having logged on, click Connection Pools in the JDBC section within Services Configurations.
- Click Configure a new JDBC Connection Pool... to create a Connection Pool entry for the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge, setting URL to a valid Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge URL, such as
jdbc:easysoft://demo.easysoft.com/demo, and Driver Classname to
- Click Create and then Apply to add your new Connection Pool entry.
You now need to attach a target database server to your Connection Pool:
- Click on the Target tab.
- Highlight the Server you require from the Available list, click the right arrow button to add it to the Chosen list and then click Apply:
You now need to create a JDBC Data Source:
- Click Data Sources on the table of contents.
- Click Configure a new JDBC Data Source... to create a Data Source entry for the Easysoft JDBC-ODBC Bridge, setting Name to a data source name of your choice, JNDI Name to a JNDI name of your choice and Pool Name to the name you gave to your created Connection Pool (in this case
- Click Create and then Apply to add your new Data Source entry.
You now need to attach a target database server to your Data Source:
- Click on the Target tab, highlight the Server you require from the Available list, click the right arrow button to add it to the Chosen list and then click Apply (this is exactly the same procedure as in steps 8 and 9 above).
The configuration is now complete.