Connecting AnySQL Maestro to Salesforce.com
The Salesforce.com ODBC Driver enables you to work with Salesforce.com data in AnySQL Maestro. Note that the procedure outlined in this blog is the same for any ODBC driver, so it's still relevant even if you are using AnySQL Maestro with another ODBC driver.
The Salesforce.com ODBC Driver is available to download from the Easysoft web site:
- Download the Windows Salesforce.com ODBC Driver. (Registration required.)
- Install and license the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver on the machine where is installed.
For installation instructions, see the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver documentation.
Before you can use the Salesforce.com ODBC Driver to connect AnySQL Maestro to Salesforce.com, you need to configure an ODBC data source. An ODBC data source stores the connection details for the target database (e.g. Salesforce.com) and the ODBC driver that is required to connect to it (e.g. the Salesforce.com ODBC driver).
To create a Salesforce.com ODBC Driver data source:
- In the 32-bit version of ODBC Administrator, choose the System DSN tab, and then choose Add.
To run the 32-bit version of ODBC Administrator, in the Windows Run dialog box, enter:
- In the Create New Data Source dialog box, choose Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver, and then choose Finish.
- Complete the Easysoft ODBC-Salesforce Driver DSN Setup dialog box:
Setting Value DSN Salesforce.com User Name The name of your Salesforce.com user. For example, email@example.com. Password The password for your Salesforce.com user. Token The security token for your Salesforce.com user, if required.
To find out whether you need to supply a security token, choose the Test button. If the connection attempt fails with an error which contains
LOGIN_MUST_USE_SECURITY_TOKEN, you need to supply one.
Salesforce.com emails the security token to the email address associated with your Salesforce.com user account. If you have not received a security token, you can regenerate it. Salesforce.com will then email the new security token to you. To regenerate your security token, log in to Salesforce.com and then choose Setup from the user menu. Search for "security token" in the Quick Find box. Click Reset Security Token in the Reset Security Token page. When you receive the token in your email client, copy it and then paste it into the Token field.
- Use the Test button to verify that you can successfully connect to Salesforce.com.
- In AnySQL Maestro, choose Database > Create Database Profiles.
The Create Database Profiles Wizard starts.
- In the Database group box, enter "Salesforce".
- Choose the ... button to the right of the the Connection string box.
The Data Link Properties dialog box is displayed.
- Choose your Salesforce ODBC data source from the 1. Specify the source of data: > Use data source name list. Choose OK.
- Choose Next.
- Choose Ready.
- Choose Database > Connect To Database.
- Choose Tools > SQL Editor.
- In the Query pane enter a SQL query. For example:
select * from Account
- Choose Execute Query.